We are deeply grateful to Arts Council England and The Baring Foundation for significant new funding from their Celebrating Age scheme. This will mean we can deliver Still Stomping – a two-year project designed by Moving Memory Dance Theatre Company, Gulbenkian Theatre Canterbury and Kent County Council to challenge assumptions about older people. It will bring together different generations to experience high-quality creative work, all led by and involving older people in partnership with young people. Activities will include:
- Experienced older performers devising and performing new work with a supporting group of young people
- A new Moving Well participatory group
- Training for active older peopleand others to deliver their own Moving Well groups
- A creative programme bringing older people in residential care together with primary school children
- An exploration of the possibilities of installation work in residential settings.
- Creating Intergen31 through the ART31 programme, ensuring that young people are central to the programme
Above all the programme will be creating work that transcends age, lifts the heart and transforms perceptions.